The Mille Lacs Band of Ojibwe is a sovereign, self-governing Indian Nation. We have the right to govern our own affairs and our territories in accordance with Federal and Band law.
This distinction as a sovereign Nation along with our progressive government structure uniquely positions Mille Lacs Corporate Ventures in the business community. Promoting successful business partnerships with our vendors and service providers is the end result.
- Location: Major markets of targeted industry sectors as well as within all Districts of the Mille Lacs Band Reservation
- Return Expectations: ROIC of greater than 14% with a positive ROI at or before 7 years
- Type of Transactions:
- Direct investments with controlling stake
- Acquisition of companies with strong management
- Ability to utilize tribal advantages for growth (financing, taxation, preference)
- Selected Consumer and Industrial Sectors:
- Marketing Services
- Government Contracting
- MLB Internal Demand Products and Services
- Size of Investments: Enterprise value of $15 – $30 million; will occasionally consider somewhat smaller and larger businesses
- Equity Investment: Typically $5 million – $10 million of equity capital, with capability to invest substantially more through co-investment partners
- Not within Our Investment Parameters: Non-guaranteed revenue startups, Non-mature markets